Email Sign Up

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Green Clay Mask for Oily Skin + Experiment!

Ingredients:

* 1 tbsp green clay (you can get this in any health store)
* 1 tsp apricot kernel oil
* 3 drops of palmarosa essential oil

Preparation:
Mix the palmarosa and apricot oils together. Add a few drops of warm water. Mix together and add more water if need be to get a good, spreadable paste. Apply mask. Let dry for 10 minutes. Rinse off with a warm washcloth.



*Natural exfoliant for all skin types Mix a tiny amount of brown sugar with olive oil in your palm. Once it turns into a paste, massage into your face. Cure chapped lips by mixing brown sugar with honey and massaging into lips. (Lena Korres, founder of Korres Natural Products, and makeup artist Jemima Kidd, in the July 2008 issue of Cosmopolitan)

~*~ My experiment tonight was to mix common household ingredients, and create a face mask suitable for my skin. First I gathered my ingredients...
* Oatmeal
* Baking Soda
* 1 Egg
* 1 Lemon ( Or 2 Tablespoons of Real Lemon Juice)
Next, I separated the egg whites from the yolk, and put the egg whites in a bowl. Then I added 2 Tablespoons of Baking Soda and 2 Tablespoons of Real Lemon juice. I whisked the egg whites and the other ingredients till it was almost a paste.

* For less of a mess you could stop there and add brown sugar to make a cleansing scrubs.

After that I put a handful of Oatmeal into the bowl and worked the oatmeal into the paste with a fork. I added some Water and mixed it all together.
At first it was a little weird putting something I could eat on my face.

Once I had it on my face I looked like some sort of flesh eating monster. It was kinda funny. After about 15 min It became pretty much solid and i peeled it off my face. What remained I washed off with a warm wet washcloth and let my face air day.

The results were amazing! My skin tone improved greatly, and my skin was super soft. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment