Email Sign Up

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

And that's what he said.

Yesterday as soon as my husband woke up I bombarded him with question about the cloth diaper. I had left it sitting out in hopes he would look at it when he got home. Since he doesn't get home till 5am I wasn't awake to talk to him then. I asked if he had looked at it, and he said "no, I didn't see it". Then I asked what he thought, if he liked it, and if he thought it was cute. He replied "ya, it is pretty cute". He was still pretty groggy from just waking up so I let him have his coffee before I started asking more questions. Once we started talking about it again he had a billion questions. Will it come clean? Will the poop leave stains? Do we scrap out the poop? Will the thing inside come out on its own or do we have to take it out? Are you sure you will do the laundry everyday??? ( He hates doing the laundry, so it will be up to me to do it.) I had him feel the inside and asked him if he was a baby if he would rather have that on his bottom or the disposable. Of course he said he would rather have cloth. :)

He does seem more open to the idea of cloth diapering now that we had the opportunity to see one in real life. Of course he still has some concerns about it. He is mostly worried about all the extra laundry, and the "mess" it will make. I keep assuring him that I will take responsibility for the laundry. It will be something I will HAVE to do everyday. I won't really have a choice in the matter. The only way there won't be laundry everyday is if we have enough cloth diapers to last two days. Of course I would still have to wash them, but it would be every other day instead of every single day.

I am pretty excited to use our first cloth diaper. I do have to wait till my sons thrush rash clears up before I can. I know from looking into cloth diapering that you can't use any creams except ones made specifically for cloth diapers. Hopefully it clears up very soon so we can test it out! I will be taking lots of pictures with him in his new cloth diaper. I am really looking forward to this new adventure. I think my husband and I will learn a lot about cloth diapering in the next few months. Hopefully by this time next year we will both be experts! I am definitely going to push forward with my blog idea even if it means me having to spend money.

Be on the lookout for more information. I really hope my idea will help lots and lots of other mom and dad's out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment